These days many of us have a hectic life, and the last thing often on our mind is worrying about ensuring the house is totally clean. Over time, often without noticing it even, the home might become cluttered.
For some people, decluttering their home is much harder than they imagine. Having to let go of things that might provide memories, or favourite items of clothes, shoes or furniture can be hard.
But at the end of the day, having a home that is less cluttered gives you a more organised and relaxed state of mind. The more clutter you have in your life, the more it grows.
Here are a few handy tips to help you declutter your home and organise your life just a little big better….
1. the first thing you need to do when planning a de-clutter is set yourself a timeframe to get it done. Start in one room and work your way through the home with a plan to have it all completed by a certain time or day. People often get side-tracked when they start de-cluttering, so ensuring you stay on schedule will help.
2. Sort out in piles what you want to keep and what you don’t, but don’t let your emotions guide you. Think when was the last time you appreciated the object, and if realistically you will use it again and how soon. If the answer is not recently or not in the near future then bin it.
3. Women are great when it comes to collecting fashion items, and hard at letting it go. If you don’t plan on wearing something again, maybe look at hosting a fashion night with your friends, and get them to do the same. You might find a swap of unwanted clothes gives you a new wardrobe without feeling bad about all the wasted money you would otherwise have thrown away.
4. Make your de-clutter fun, not a chore. Invite a friend or two over for a few laughs and to help you go through your items. It’s always great to have someone else help decide what to keep and what to toss.
5. Rather than feeling bad about throwing out items which maybe had cost you a lot in the past, pile the items up that you know you don’t need or want and give them to your local charity. You’ll feel good about helping someone less fortunate, and you’ll have a cleaner house!
6. Get into the habit of putting aside 10 to 15 minutes every day of ‘de-clutter’ time, so that you keep things under control. It is so much easier to spend small amounts of time rather than a large chunk of time tidying up.
Once you have de-cluttered your life, ensure your home stays clean with the help of the friendly team at AustClean cleaning services. Carpets, windows, oven cleans and more, Austclean can do it all!.
AUSTCLEAN NATIONAL OFFICE
PO Box 539,
Caloundra QLD 4551
AUSTCLEAN CLEANING FRANCHISES